By Deep End ambassador Sophie T. (@thatveganswimmer)
Over my last five years of being vegan AND having a swimmer’s appetite, food and I have had plenty of time to find what works best for me.
If you’re like me (an eternally ravishing athlete who’s keen on eating plants and being a healthy queen), then you will absolutely LOVE this recipe for a pre-practice/workout smoothie.
I can’t eat much, or sometimes any, food before I exercise but I don’t like to be on a completely empty stomach or else I get very tired and nauseous.
So, to solve the problem, I like to make something light, like a smoothie or smoothie bowl. This one is for a blueberry vanilla smoothie bowl!
Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie Bowl
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ¼ cup vanilla plant-based milk
- (optional) ⅛ tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until thick and smooth.
- Use a spatula to scoop your smoothie into a bowl and top it with your favorite fruits and nut butters.
Did you give this recipe a try? Take a photo and tag us on Instagram @deependofficial and @thatveganswimmer! Comment below if you’d like to see more recipes from Sophie!